Wednesday, August 29, 2012

New Song

I wrote this song this morning. It's written as a lullaby for a particular story I am working on, but I think it stands alone also.


Cry with me my baby,
We’ll make an ocean of tears,
We’ll build a boat together,
And sail for years and years.

I’ll hold your hand forever,
You’ll never be alone,
My arms will be your shelter,
Long after you’re grown.

We can be afraid,
And we can be sad,
But we’ll be together,
Through the good and the bad.

Put your head on my shoulder,
Your worries on my heart,
I’ll be with you forever,
I’ve been here from the start.

My arms are always open,
My heart will never close,
Share all your secrets,
Your wishes and your woes.

So come to me my baby,
With all your tears and cries,
I’ll hold you forever,
And sing you lullabies.

No comments:

Post a Comment