It has been embarrassingly long since I last wrote anything. Well, that's not true. I write all the time, I just haven't written anything here. I've been busy getting married and running circles around my life like an energetic but misguided chicken. I have been unable to work for a while, seeing as I am a Federal contracted employee. On the bright side, I've been putting all of my free time to good use. I've been writing, and working on query letters and my nerve. I'm going to start begging for public attention again. To help myself stay motivated, I am going to try and get a blog post out if not every week, then every other. I might slip in parts of my books, or just write something stream of consciousness. For tonight, I have a little writing exercise I'll do. I have a set of 9 dice with images on them. I'll toss them out and make a story based on what comes up. Wish me luck.
Images:
1. clock
2. sad face
3. bridge
4. alien face
5. eye
6. foot print
7. magnifying glass
8. microphone
9. fish
I was late. I was always late. I was sad because of this. My boss was angry, but I was sad. That's the way it goes. My car broke down and I was walking, trying to get to work on time. I was just passing over the little stone bridge when an alien popped out of the river. I really didn't have time for him, seeing as I was so horribly late. But I didn't want to be rude. He might think all Earthlings were rude. So I walked over to him. He only had one eye, and I thought it must have been hard for him to pilot a spaceship without depth perception, but I didn't say so. That would be rude, and I was only saying hello to avoid being rude, so it was best that I keep the thought to myself. He wasn't wearing shoes, and I thought that was silly too. His feet must have feet freezing. He left odd looking footprints on the bank of the river. I checked to make sure I was wearing shoes. I'm getting older and sometimes I forget important things like that. Good, I've got shoes on. Wouldn't want to give the alien any misconceptions about all Earthlings. Still, it was so hard seeing him without my glasses. I'm always forgetting them. But I remembered my magnifying glass. I always had that. I used the magnifying glass when I lost my glasses. Have you ever tried to find glasses after you lost them? Well, its hard, cause you cant see a darn thing. So I always have the magnifying glass, just in case I lose my glasses. Maybe I left my glasses at home, by the Rock Band stuff my grandson left at my house. I like playing the drums, and I sing into the microphone at the top of my lungs. The neighbors don't like it, but I don't like them, so its ok. I realize I have walked all the way back home. I find my glasses and rush back to the bridge, embarrassed that I left the poor alien just standing there. I'd probably ruined out chances with the aliens. I'd doomed us to suffer Independence Day style with my rudeness. The Earth brought down by a doddering old lady who forgot her glasses. Oh, but look here. It's not an alien at all. It's just a dead fish. I sigh. My boss is not going to understand this. Seeing a dead fish is not a good reason to be late. I'll go with the alien story. That one's better.
No comments:
Post a Comment