Friday, April 11, 2014

Poem

After digging up trees and doing yardwork this afternoon, I am not feeling particularly creative. So I'm cheating. Here's a poem I wrote a while ago. It's not about me. It actually fits really well with the main character of the novel I am working on right now. I might try and incorporate it somehow.

Love Me if You Dare

I am like water,
No matter how hard you try
I will always find a way to escape you,
Even though you need me to survive.

It’s not that I want to leave you,
But it is what I am,
I slip through cracks a drop at a time,
Spreading myself thinner and thinner,
Making the need to escape and reform greater and greater.

And if you manage to stop the leaks,
Block every hole and line every seam,
I will turn into vapor and fade away.

To have me you must chase me,
Let me dance over your skin,
Linger while I can,
But know I will go away again.

Loving me will be a forever chase,
With no real reward,
Because when you grasp at water,
It slides through your fingers.

1 comment: