Friday, January 10, 2014

Stream of consciousness

I figure I'll just to a stream of consciousness thing today. Streaming in a madness of swirling emotions that are so confused they have lost meaning. Not thinking back. No corrections. Just let it come and pass through you. Words on my fingers, stuck like maple syrup and not coming all the way free. I stick my fingers in my mouth and enjoy the sweetness. Words on the tongue. Words on the keyboard. Words on the screen. All of them me. I stopped for a minute. Distracted by Netflix. It happens. The perpetual soundtrack of my house. Silence is alien. Makes me uncomfortable. I need noise, sound, music, anything. Silence lets me hear the things the cats break, the odd little sounds of the heaters, the settling of the house. It lets me hear my thoughts. They get so loud I can't think. So I set up my distractions and calm my mind, so I can get one thing at a time on my mind. Not sure what more there is today. Guess thats good.

No comments:

Post a Comment