Since getting a job I've been slacking about posting something every other week. I am going to get back on track with this. So today I'll do another writing exercise. I got out my dice with the images and roll them out. So I'm going to make a story out of the images I got in the order they came in.
IMAGES:
Shooting star
House
Open book
Skydiver with Parachute
Scale
Rainbow
Plane
Hand
Footprint
One night, I saw a shooting star. I was sitting in my house, enjoying a good book. I looked out the window when I noticed the light from the star, and saw a man falling from the sky. He pulled a cord and the parachute shot out. I watched him floating down toward my back yard. I weighed my options. Should I go out and find out what this strange man was doing falling from the sky into my yard? How normal could he be if he was doing that? He was obviously crazy, which made sense. I attracted crazy men. It was a curse. I always dreamed that I'd meet a nice normal guy, but those were as rare as rainbows and pots of gold. So I might as well go out and at least see if the guy was attractive. Crazy could be fun. I headed outside, turning on the light as I went onto the porch. I looked up at the sky, searching for the telltale lights of the plane my lawn resident must have jumped from. I didn't see anything. Apparently, men were just falling from the sky now. I'm sure stranger things have happened. I couldn't see him around the billowing parachute. My first glimpse of him was his hand as he pushed the parachute down, out of his way. I looked him over. Any irritation I had about his arrival vanished. A man that good looking could drive his truck through the wall of my house and I wouldn't mind as long as I got laid. A quiet gentle landing in my yard was nothing. I glanced up to see if there were any more attractive men drifting my way. No luck, but at least I had the one. A thought occurred to me. What if he was an alien? He was so good looking I figured I could overlook that too. As long as the anatomy was compatible, I was game. He smiled at me. "I'm sorry, Miss. I know this looks weird, but I can explain." He took a few steps toward me. I noticed that he left footprints. I decided that aliens wouldn't have left footprints. I'm not sure my brain was working that well seeing as it was drowning in lust hormones. I couldn't wait to hear his explanation, though I didn't care what it was. He didn't have a ring on his finger, and he landed in my yard. I closed my eyes and imagined a rainbow that ended at my house. Maybe my luck had finally changed.
No comments:
Post a Comment