So yeah, I made this blog to inspire me to write. It worked, and I finished a novel and stopped adding anything to the blog. Well, now that I have 2 finished manuscripts for an urban fantasy series completed, and a ready to go to an agent romance novel sitting around my house collecting dust, I am forcing myself to stop writing and start begging for an agent's attention. I am in a good place right now and am prepared for a lot of rejection. So as of next week, after my writing group rips apart and fixes my query letters for the last time, I will be sending the letters out to agents and bracing myself for misery. Wish me luck. For now, I figured I'd put something mildly interesting here.
The following is a list of characters from the urban fantasy series I hope to publish.
Macy: Twenty year old orphan shapeshifter of Native American decent. A walking lie detector that stumbles into trouble even when all she wants is a bowl of ice cream. Has a fondness for profanity and despite multiple attempts to be brave, throws up around blood and cant bring herself to scrub the toilet.
Shane: Six foot seven 300 lb werewolf of Russian and English decent, 147 years old. Tall dark and handsome if you like scary looking bikers with scars on their face and fangs. Mutters in Russian when irritated, has a tendency to smash through obstacles rather than move them or go around.
Cain: Redheaded Irish ex-marine turned werewolf, age 86. Is rarely seen without a dozen or more piercings in his face. Speaks with a heavy Brooklyn accent unless he is flirting in which case he sounds Irish. Has a twisted violent sense of humor. Vietnam veteran, suffers from un-diagnosed PTSD. Has the word MONSTER tattooed across his shoulders. Owns an expansive collection of original records from the 60's, some signed by the artists.
Zeus: Gay twenty one year old turned werewolf of Sicilian decent. Heavily tattooed arms, boyish good looks and Cookie Monster blue hair. Has a tendency to blush and trip over his own feet. Due to a freak accident when he was turned into a werewolf, his hair grows in the startling blue shade it was dyed before he was turned. He is extremely annoyed that his wolf form is the same blue, making him look absolutely ridiculous and about as threatening as a Muppet.
Sam/Bambi: Twenty eight year old drag queen of Italian/Hispanic decent. Six foot six, six nine or so in heels. Has a love of fake eyelashes and blue werewolves.
Brian: 427 year old Russian werewolf, Alpha (leader) of the pack. His sense of humor was killed in action a century or so ago, but Macy revives it.
Randy: 21 year old human. Blonde, traditional good looks. Has the survival instincts of a lemming.
Habner: government asshole in his mid 60's. Human, military guy whose face is permanently stuck in a morose expression. Has a habit of making poor judgement decisions involving Supernatural creatures and accidentally starting wars.
Bertha Ellouise: 86 year old landlord. Wears overalls, flowered shirts, and is always armed with a wooden spoon. By far the most intimidating character in the book.
Anyway, those are the main characters in The Foxgirl's Werewolf. Hopefully, it will be published someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment