There once was a man who was fated to fall,
A blundering idiot whose name I won't call,
His fingers are like explosives,
His words are corrosives,
His lies spread like fire,
Seeing him gone is my greatest desire.
He keeps on digging deeper into living hell,
Breaking more promises than there is time to tell,
He rages and breaks glass,
Proving himself utterly low class,
Scaring a woman half his size,
During an argument that did arise.
I killed him with the truth that day,
Pointed to the door and said, "go the hell away",
I called him poison while I shook in fear,
It wasn't until after he was gone that I shed a tear,
Not so much for myself than for his son,
Who stood watching the chaos, wondering who had won.
I want to celebrate the liberation,
Despite my raging anger about the confrontation,
I said all the words I ever will say,
The ones that built up for 15 years and a day,
But the glory of the moment is lost,
Because of the unacceptable cost,
The man may be a wasted life,
Hurting others more effectively than a sharp knife,
But his son deserves more that he got,
A father so unfit he is better off forgot.
No comments:
Post a Comment