Tuesday, December 13, 2011
5 minute window
I just spent an agonizing two hours trying to find something I have written that takes 5 minutes to read. If I get the guts, I will read it tomorrow in P-town at an open mic thing I am attending with a friend. Selecting what to bring was traumatizing. I am not known for writing short things, my talents being more in the novel writing department. The few short funny pieces I have take 6 to 8 minutes to read, and I am just not up to cutting anything apart to make it shorter. I have narrowed it down to 2 selections. One is actually a poem, and I'm not sure it qualifies as the right kind of material for the open mic. The other is part of the first chapter of the novel I want to publish. I'll probably end up reading the exerpt from the novel. The poem is about one of the worst experiences of my life, and although it ends positively, I am not sure I could read it aloud withouth shaking and probably crying. I am debating posting the poem here, but I'm not sure if I will. Time will tell...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment