I had one of those perfect moments tonight. I had a long hectic day of working a job I am truly coming to despise, a 3 hour round trip commute in the rain, and a stop at the mall to finish my Christmas shopping. Shudder. No one in their right mind goes to a mall on December 20th-25th. I got home at 530 and started making dinner. I dumped a handful of moldy cheese into the bowl full of other dinner ingredients because I was too tired to notice. After removing the moldy cheese and muttering, I got new cheese and put dinner in the oven. Then I started making four batches of peanut butter bon bons (cookies). This equals rolling about 400 peanut butter balls and then coating them in chocolate. Time consuming, yes. I do it every year for Christmas gifts. While melting the peanut butter and butter, I did the dishes, and managed to dislodge an ornament I had hung on a cabinet and it shattered on the counter. So how did this day end up perfect?
I poured myself a glass of wine and sat down at the coffee table with my little brother so I could watch TV while I rolled the cookie dough. My brother jumped in to help, and we went though the first two batches while watching Jeff Dunham Christmas Special. Once all the cookies were prepped and in the fridge, the kitchen was cleaned, and the wine mostly gone, I sat on the couch. My boyfriend was asleep in the overstuffed chair, making his cute odd noises from time to time. My brother lay on the couch with his feet on my lap and I finished drinking my wine. The Christmas tree lights were on, the cats cuddled contentedly on blankets. I sat back and enjoyed my wine, the fact that I was very in love with the sleeping giant in the chair, and I got to have my little brother for a whole 5 days before Christmas. It was perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment