I took my cousin (who has cerebral palsy) to a special needs dance tonight at the community college. She has recently recovered from knee surgery and was able to get out of her wheelchair and dance tonight for the first time in months. She has to hold on to me so she doesn't lose her balance and fall, but I'm so proud of her for all the hard work she's done regaining the strength in her knee. We had so much fun tonight. She looked so cute in her red shirt and Christmas vest, her head thrown back as she belted out 'Santa Clause is Coming to Town" at the top of her lungs. I love going to the dances with her and her friends. These people really know how to just have a good time. You can be as rediculuous as you want and no one notices. It's a truly refreshing experience.
Also, my friends safely welcomed their son, Alex, into the world tonight. He took his sweat time on his way out. I expect he came out holding a convaluded map with plans to conquer Europe clutched in his hand. He had to be doing something dramatic to insist on staying in his mother that long. I look forward to experiencing all of the mischief he will get himself into.
No comments:
Post a Comment