Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chrismas musing

When did Christmas get so complicated? I want to weave some magic back in it. I want a Santa to come and toss a bunch of stuff under my tree, oh, and pay some of my bills while he's in town. That'd be great. I want the cookies to make themselves and hop into individual bags for everyone. And if the broom could pull a Mickey Mouse Fantasia thing, I'd be more than happy to nap instead of clean.
Still, I find myself humming Christmas music and doing my sock dance in the kitchen. I dread the craziness of driving from house to house, but can't wait to be able to see everyone I care about. I look forward to seeing my cousins and my little brother opening their presents, giggling and running around. I miss Christmas morning as a child. I miss the magic. It's more fun to believe in magic than be the one supplying it. But it's magic just the same, the idea is to trick yourself into believing too. Get carried away in the season and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment